Predator Free 184.108.40.2060
Predator Free 220.127.116.110 | 2.1 MB
PREDATOR is a software program that prevents unauthorized users from accessing your computer, with the help of a USB flash drive. It addresses all users who share their system with other people. Once a USB flash drive is plugged into your computer, PREDATOR installs the necessary components on it, after which you must restart the app to configure settings. The basic idea is that the monitor will darken, disabling computer access to users, until the correct password is entered.
PREDATOR creates an icon in the system tray area, from where you can access the Preferences screen to configure your settings. For example, you can establish the time interval when the user is able to write the password until an alert pops up and a sound notification is triggered.
Furthermore, you can adjust the screen darkness, apply this setting to multiple monitors connected to your computer, hide the desktop icons, minimize all windows and disable the autorun feature.
It is also possible to set up a sound file to be triggered when the time expires, as long as it has the Wave format (the app provides a few samples in this case). Otherwise, you may disable the system speakers beep along with the denied access to the screen. PREDATOR offers multilingual support, logs all activity to a window, and it can be set to run at system startup automatically as well as to send the log details to your Twitter account.
The program requires a moderate amount of CPU and system memory. However, PREDATOR failed to recognize the password on several attempts to unblock the computer; it seems to have some stability issues. Other than that, no error dialogs have been shown in our tests and the tool did not hang or crash. Thanks to its intuitive layout and rich customization options, PREDATOR should be able to please the entire audience.
It uses a regular USB flash drive as an access control device, and works as follows:
you insert the USB drive
you run PREDATOR (autostart with Windows is possible)
you do your work…
when you’re away from your PC, you simply remove the USB drive:
– once it is removed, the keyboard and mouse are disabled and the screen darkens
when you return back to your PC, you put the USB flash drive in place:
– keyboard and mouse are immediately released, and the display is restored.
Whats New :
– Mouse activity detection: moving/clicking the mouse signals user activity (in previous versions: mouse was ignored). Mouse sensitivity is configurable.
– Keyboard activity detection: the sensitivity of the keyboard is configurable (in previous versions: activity was detected after 3 keystrokes).
– Alarm screen and sound: the number of invalid passwords which triggers an alarm is configurable (in previous versions: alarm was triggered after 3 failures)
* Professional Edition:
– Snapshots: up to 99 pictures are taken when an event triggers a snapshot action. This number is configurable.
– Emails: when an event triggers an email (with or without attached snapshots) the name of this event is appended to the body of the message.