UltraFileSearch Lite is a simple and effective utility that helps you to quickly find files, folders or any other text-based file on local networks, CD or DVD disks, partitions or Flash drives. The application sports an intuitive and user-friendly interface that enables you to specify the file name you are interested in, select the drive or the partition you want to be scanned, then preview all the found files.
Also, because of the main purpose it was designed for, UltraFileSearch Lite sorts out files and folders according to their properties, so you can view them in an organized manner.
You have the possibility to search important files by date and size or that match a specific word. Additionally, you can skip audio, video or image files to get better results.
Moreover, for an enhanced experience, the application can be launched directly from Windows Explorer shell context menu. This way, you can navigate to the folder you want and start scanning it.
Another feature the application comes with is the ability of calculating the size of the selected folder. After searching the current folder for specific files, it displays the size and the output format for each file.
Because the search process is done without the need to use background indexing, the application does not use system resources and does not use extra space on the disk.
What’s more, UltraFileSearch Lite comes with support for Unicode characters and long path names and allows you to specify more file name masks and search paths for better results. Finally, when the application generates the proper results, you are able to export them to TXT or HTML format for future use.
Considering all the features that UltraFileSearch Lite comes with, it proves to be a reliable software solution that carries out its tasks very quickly and displays accurate results when you need to search a folder or partition for files that contain specific words.
• The search is done without the need to use background indexing.
• Can Search any NTFS or FAT File System, supported by the Operating System.
• Search in every kind of Drive: Internal, External, Network, CD-ROM, DVD, etc.
• Allows you to specify the File Name Mask in 2 ways: “Simple” and “Wildcards”.
• Allows you to quickly select the Local or Network Drives or of single Drive.
• Accepts single or multiple “Environment Variables” (e.g. %APPDATA%).
• Allows you to specify the Text Masks in 2 ways: “Words” and “Phrases”.
• Ability to find files that do not contain specified Words and Phrases.
• Possibility to select the Date Range on the basis of hours, Minutes, Seconds.
• Filter for Files Larger than or Smaller than or within a specific Size range.
• The rows of the results are numbered for an easy recognition.
• Search for Column in the Results and positioning on the found Item.
• Drag & Drop Support from Results Items to other Applications.
• The results can be exported in various File formats.
• Progress state visualization: Files and Folders found and Total Size.
• Can choose which types of MRU Items to save and (or) load.
New in version 22.214.171.12423
• New Dialog window that allows you to edit the File Names and Save and Load them from File.
• New Dialog window that allows you to edit the Search Texts and Save and Load them from File.
• Added the parameter “Case Sensitive” on File Names for a more accurate search.
OS: Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 2008 / 10 (32/64-bit) and 2K / XP / 2003 / 2008 R2 / Server 2012 / NT